COLORED STONE GRADER
This course imparts expertise and knowledge to a gem enthusiast and enables him/her
to identify, grade and value gemstones based on international standards. The course
information is closely aligned with the international colored stone industry, which
will enable the candidate to easily relate to current market dynamics and terminologies.
PROGRAM / COURSE OVERVIEW
- Introduction to basic terms in gemology
- Using various gemological instruments to identify gemstones
GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST, G.G.
Polished + Rough + Colored Stone Courses
- Origin determination by study of gemstones inclusions
- Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Tanzanite, Quartz, Peridot, Turquoise, Tourmaline and more
DIAMOND GRADUATE, D.G.
Polished + Rough Diamond Courses
- Ornamental gemstones and rare gemstones
- Organic gemstones: Coral, Amber and Ivory
- Treatments and synthetics
- Intensive lab sessions
- Vast inventory of gemstones
The IGI graduates who have pursued their careers in the gem and jewelry industry
mostly became: gemologist, appraiser, entrepreneur, quality controller, manufacturer,
jewelry retailer, etc.