JEWELRY DESIGN GRADUATE
IGI's Jewelry Design Graduate Course brings out each individual's innate creativity,
helping enthusiasts to design with ability and confidence.
It makes an apprentice designer learn the basics and complexities of designing any
type of jewelry, along with estimating its cost.
Through practical work, designers are assisted to express their creativity by designing
a portfolio of their own styles.
PROGRAM / COURSE OVERVIEW
- Introduction to jewelry and its components
- Drawing and illustration of faceted and non-faceted gemstones
- Settings in jewelry
- Textures on metal
- Designing various forms of jewelry
- Gold calculation
- Budgeting of the jewelry design
- Pricing of diamonds and colored stones
- Use of simple tools for effective design
- Two day workshop on handcrafted jewelry
- Designing a portfolio
- Gold, diamond and craftsmanship calculations
- Available in India and U.A.E.
The IGI graduates who have pursued their careers in the gem and jewelry industry
mostly became: jewelry designer, freelancer, jeweler, jewelry manufacturer, entrepreneur,
jewelry retailer, etc.