POLISHED DIAMOND GRADER
The course is fast-paced, which will quickly bring you to a level where you can
identify, grade and price diamonds according to international grading and trading
practices. It will give you a thorough understanding of the grading standards followed
worldwide, and is ideally suited for individuals with tight time constraints.
PROGRAM / COURSE OVERVIEW
- Evolution of diamonds from origin to market
GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST, G.G.
Polished + Rough + Colored Stone Courses
- Mining process and morphology of rough diamonds
- Manufacturing stages from rough to polished
- Clarity, color, cut and carat weight estimation and evolution
DIAMOND GRADUATE, D.G.
Polished + Rough Diamond Courses
- Grading of fancy shaped diamonds
- Identification of treatments, imitations and synthetics diamonds
- Factors affecting diamond pricing
- Intensive lab sessions
- Training and practical work using diamonds ranging from 0.15 carat to above a carat
- Limited number of participants to guarantee maximum attention to individual candidates
- Informative manual and grading kit sourced from IGI Headquarters in Antwerp, Belgium
- Guided tour of the IGI laboratory and research facilities
The IGI graduates who have pursued their careers in the gem and jewelry industry
mostly became: entrepreneur, gemologist, freelancer, buyer, salesperson, quality
control supervisor, investor, jewelry retailer, manufacturer, etc.