ROUGH DIAMOND GRADER
The beauty of a diamond not only emerges after it has been polished; nature endows
diamonds with beautiful and unique shapes, and to study them in their rough state
is an art and science in itself. This course is one-of-a-kind, and the only such
practical evaluation rough diamond course available in the market.
PROGRAM / COURSE OVERVIEW
- "Morphology" or study of diamond forms
- Sorting of rough as per DTC system
GRADUATE GEMOLOGIST, G.G.
Polished + Rough + Colored Stone Courses
- Grading clarity and color in rough diamonds
- Yield estimation, planning and marking
- Evaluation of single stones and parcels
DIAMOND GRADUATE, D.G.
Polished + Rough Diamond Courses
- Origin determination and the Kimberley Process Certificate
- Import and export procedures
- Intensive lab sessions
- Working with industrial and gem quality rough of all shapes and sizes
- Manual planning, with the Jo-Di and Moe
- Methodical pricing system
The IGI graduates who have pursued their careers in the gem and jewelry industry
mostly became: rough diamond grader, valuer, trader, miner, evaluator, appraiser
for customs department, diamond manufacturer, entrepreneur, etc.